Welcome to the Southern North Island Wood Council, providing a collective voice for the forestry sector in Taranaki, Whanganui, Manawatu, Wairarapa, Tararua and Wellington.
Small Grower Harvesting Research
- Date: Friday 2 August 2019
- Location: Cedar Room, Feilding Civic Centre, 84 Aorangi Street, Feilding.
- Time: 8.30am till 1pm
- Lunch and morning tea provided.
The Small and Medium Enterprise Committee of NZ Forest Owners Association has obtained funds from the NZ Forest Grower Levy Trust to initiate harvesting research for small-scale forest growers.
MPI Consultation Meetings
Wood Council members in this region:
Own or manage about 164,000 hectares of forest;
Are involved with 3 Regional Councils and 17 District or City Councils;
Employ about 1050 people in a range of jobs;
Produced about 1.7 million tonnes of logs in 2015;
Generated about $187 million worth of log sales revenue;
Underpin a further 2200 jobs in wood processing;
Have over 5500 stakeholders.
What we do
- Enable health & safety initiatives for members and support programmes and wellbeing in the sector.
- Provide a common focus that represents the view of its members and the industry as a whole.
- Take a proactive role in improving our regions perceptions of the forest industries.
- Have a role in influencing industry employment and quality training with a special focus on careers information for schools and school leavers.
- Ensure the industry adheres to best practice guidelines.
- Contribute to regional foundation plans to ensure infrastructure is well equipped to support the industry.